Pretty much sums up my life. Let me see if I can explain a little better for the rest of you…
Hi! I’m Abby. I’m a crocheter, I’m extremely obsessed. Since my mom taught me a few years ago I don’t think I’ve gone more than 24 hours without crocheting something…and that leads to a lot of chaos when you also work 40+ hours a week and have a marriage to maintain. We’ve had our troubles but we’re happy and waiting to try for kids in a couple years.
We’re currently living in very-very-southern Texas and desperately wanting to move back up to the Midwest (saving every penny!) in the next couple of years. So for now I’m suffering through 90 degree weather in freaking October and dreaming of sweaters, scarves, hats…this is the life of a crocheter living in the wrong part of the country.
My goals for life are…
- Two kids. I want three, my husband wants 1, so we’re compromising on 2.
- Writing my own crochet patterns! I’ve done one scarf without a pattern but it was a really simple stitch so I’m not going to call it a real “pattern”. I want to make a sweater someday.
- Moving to Michigan to be near my parents again. I haven’t seen them in 2 years and that was only for a weekend.
I think that’s about all you need to know for now. To really show you who I am, here are a few of my favorite creations over the past couple of months. There’s so much more I want to show but…
- You have to put up with me for a long time so there’s a lot more time to show you more.
- I have to ease in to revealing the real extent of my obsession.
- I switched phones a few months back and don’t know how to transfer the pictures. I’m not a tech-savvy person.
Alright, that should be good for an introduction. I hope to be back soon to show you progress on all the things I’m currently working on!